Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hey, Dex - I know you said 'no people allowed', but I'm kinda glued to Brittany....

I was looking down at all those recipes. I see none of them are very hard to make - guess dogs like to keep it simple, right?
I noticed no one had done a HOT DOG relish; now that's just wroooooooong - after
all this is a place for dogs to talk about things they like isn't it? No,
not necessarily? Well, I like my dogs plain, but once in a while I like a
little extra flavor, so if I don't leave this now I won't get Brittany to let me
go.........
Anyway: I go to the garden when the tomatoes are GREEN. I grab up about 10 of those, and chop them up super fine. I dice up about 6 red peppers and mix those in. Then I get a nice cabbage - cut that up; add that in.
I really love green peppers, so I put in 12 of those (yes, I'm
making about 8 pints of this stuff because I want to have it around when I get
hungry for some). So, I dice up those green peppers and add that in.
I put in 2 cups of diced SPANISH onion - my favorite. I mix all of this together; let it sit overnight (put in about 1/2 cup of salt when I toss them together). Then I play with Brittany a bit; eat a good supper - get some shut-eye, and the next day the vegetables are ready for me.
I then put in 6 cups of sugar; 4 cups of vinegar (apple cider), 1-1/2 teaspoons
of tumeric - about 2 tablespoons of mustard seed, and 1 tablespoon of celery
SEED (not salt). I pour in 2 cups of water; bring to a boil - simmer for 3
minutes, and put in pretty glass jars.
Yummy stuff, Dex - you ought to try it!