Friday, March 28, 2008

DEXTER MIGHT LIKE A FEW NIBBLES OF THIS CHICKEN RECIPE...


We ate at the Alaskan Seafood & Steaks restaurant; had a great chicken breast, and asked the waiter if he knew how it was prepared. He said he had an idea; told me what he knew the chef did, so I made it at home.


I know this might sound a bit strange, but I gave it a go....


You prepare bacon; crisp (I bake mine). Break it up into large pieces.
You grill your chicken breasts the normal way until they're about 12 minutes from being done (nice and tender).



You mix white wine with raspberry jam (I used 1/2 cup of jam and 1/2 cup of white wine; champagne would probably work well - no red because it colors the chicken). Then you add 1/2 cup of finely-chopped pistachio nuts to the mixture.


You pour this over the chicken breasts - let it run down into the pan - then turn the breasts for another 6 minutes. Turn again - push the chicken all around so it gets very 'friendly' with mixture. About 2 minutes before the chicken is done, drop in the pieces of bacon - mix that all around so it gets integrated nicely.


Serve with 2 or 3 steamed vegetables of choice (I used summer squash; brussel sprouts, and mushrooms). It's super-yummy....